Anyone can participate in our Diaspora Property Investment Co-operative Project (DPICP)
How it works
CPIC provides opportunity for Cameroonians in the Diaspora to acquire property in Cameroon with minimal investment, starting with as little as 250,000 frscfa ( i.e. about € 382 or $US 419 ). We use a Co-operative business model that enables people to combine resources and invest in property to pursue their economic aspirations. For example, you can combine with others to buy a land in Buea, Limbe, Douala, Yaounde etc. and build an apartment block, student hostel, residential home units etc., sell or rent the properties and share or reinvest the profit. You can also combine with others to acquire large scale of land in a new layout city or town suburb, develop the land into unit plots, acquire the land certificates, sell the unit plots at a higher premium and share or reinvest the profit.This is how it works:
1. To participate in CPIC Affordable Property Investment Project, you will need to
register (free of charge) to become a member of CPIC Diaspora Property Investment
2. You automatically become part of our common interest group after your
registration has been approved. This means you can combine resources with other
members to invest in a property in Cameroon with minimal investment
and share profit derived from the property.
3. When our next project is ready to launch, we send all our members (including you)
an invitation to invest in it. Members will receive a full investment memorandum
explaining everything they need to know to enable them make an informed
decision. Note: investment will start from as little as 250,000frscfa.
4. Once you have decided to invest, we sign an agreement, you transfer funds to our
special DPICP members account by a stated deadline. Your money is held in the
special DPICP account until the property purchase and development is completed.
What happens after you make the investment:
1. Once the purchase is completed, the property is transferred to CPIC to develop,
refurbish or manage it on behalf of all the members.
2. We do all necessary work including development of the property, refurbishment,
letting, listing the property on CPIC website etc. We will keep you informed on the
development progress of the property at all times. Every information about the
property will be listed on our website.
3. We maintain a contingency fund to cover any void periods,maintenance, repairs or
other costs out of our share of the rental income and/or the contingency fund so
you will never be asked to contribute any more money.
4. You receive annual dividends from the profit we make by letting the property, and
at any time a decision is made to sell the property, you receive your capital and any profit
due. It is our intention to keep properties for about 5 years depending on the
market. However, if you wish to recoup your capital investment before we sell the
property you can sell your interest to another investor at any time or follow the
procedure which will be detailed in the legal pack to recover your capital via DPICP.